The following items are covered under the Works of Art Program:
Non-Brittle Artworks :
- Paintings (i.e. Oil on Canvas paintings, Acrylic on Canvas paintings, Pastel paintings, etc.)
- Metal Brasses
- Welded Metals
- Antique Items
We also cover Collections provided that the Insured would give a copy of the Certificate of Authenticity of the item to be insured.
The property will be insured against physical loss or physical damage occurring during the Period of Insurance while at the named Location(s) or within the Territorial Limit specified in the Policy Schedule, subject to the following exclusions, basis of valuation and conditions.
The Insurer is only liable to the extent that any other valid insurance would fail to cover any claim if this insurance had not been issued.
This insurance does not cover:
- Loss or damage caused by or resulting from :
- Natural ageing, gradual deterioration, inherent defect, rust or oxidation, moth or vermin, warping or shrinkage;
- Repairing, restoring, retouching, or any similar process;
- Aridity, humidity, exposure to light or extremes of temperature unless such loss or damage is caused by storm, frost or fire.
- Loss from or damage in or on unattended vehicles, unless in the custody of a competent professional carrier.
- Electrical or mechanical fault or breakdown.
- The amount of the deductible stated in the Policy Schedule for each and every loss.
- Loss or damage or liability directly or indirectly occasioned by, happening through or in consequence of war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power.
- Loss or damage caused by or resulting from confiscation, nationalisation, requisition or destruction of or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority.
- Loss or destruction of or damage to any property whatsoever or any loss or expense whatsoever resulting or arising therefrom or any consequential loss
- Any legal liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from :
- Ionising radiations or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from the combustion of nuclear fuel.
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other hazardous properties of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear component thereof;
- Nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive contamination.
BASIS OF VALUATION
- The basis of valuation for settlement will be :
- For items individually listed, the value agreed by the Insurer and shown in the Schedule of Collection. The Insurer will not be liable for more than the agreed value
- For items not individually listed, the market value immediately prior to the loss.
- Nevertheless, in no event will the Insurer be liable for more than the applicable limits of liability set out in the schedule.
- In the event of partial loss of or damage to any item insured the amount payable will be the cost and expense of restoration plus any resulting depreciation but not exceeding the full value of that item, valued as in A above.
- Following payment of the full amount insured for any item, pair or set, the Insurer will become the full owners and reserve the right to take possession of the item, pair or set.
For inquiries, please call (02) 8810-4916 / 8878-3000
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org