What to Do After an Auto Accident?
Even the most careful drivers may be involved in any auto accident. Knowledge of what to do after it can make the experience a little less frightening and decrease the chance of unnecessary complications.
After an accident:
- Check for injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles.
- Make note of specific damages to all vehicles involved.
- Write down the names, addresses and license numbers of persons involved in the accident including the description of the vehicles.
- Call the police even if the accident is minor.
- Write down names and addresses of persons who may have witnessed the accident to prevent disagreements concerning how the accident actually happened.
Other do’s and don’ts
- DO write down details of the accident, the location, and circumstances such as weather conditions and visibility.
- DO notify immediately your insurance agent about the accident.
- DO NOT sign any document unless it is for the police or your insurance agent.Make sure to thoroughly review the document before signing.
- DO NOT give any payment without the knowledge of Prudential Guarantee.